Time to think about what NOT to do in an interview. Here’s a few Interview Don’ts to think about – when preparing for your dream job interview...
Don’t:* Bad mouth a previous company
* Be late
* Make any assumptions about the company/job, etc. If you don’t know, ask…don’t guess.
* Share job search frustrations – exhibit a negative attitude
* Be vague about what you are looking for – if you think you can do everything (are qualified for every job), you won’t get anything.
* Dress provocatively.
* Be overly casual during the interview. Everything you do is being analyzed and judged.
* Talk about the need for flexible work hours or your next vacation. These can be addressed later…if there’s mutual interest.
* Give the impression you are only interested in salary, job location, or “stability”
* Chew gum
For more information on interviewing, check out the Outdoor Industries Women's Coalition (OIWC) professional development resources. If you aren’t a member already, consider it! Not only are you immediately tapped in to an “instant network” of career minded women, but you get access to all of the great OIWC professional development resources.